Sunday, October 5, 2008

Trip to Colorado

The next day after the circus we took a trip to Grand Junction Colorado. Jeff had a conference for the tire company they are teamed with. Riley and his family went also and we had a lot of fun. We arrived on Thursday evening and the hotel was really nice. Big rooms but only one king bed. The hotel obviously didn't plan well. It worked out, they had a large chair and ottoman in the room and Jake thought that would be the coolest bed so he got to sleep there. We had cribs for the babies and Zach just slept with us. Friday, the guys had meetings all day so Stephanie and I took the kids to the dinosaur museum just a few miles down the road. They had a great time and there were tons of fun things they did there.

We also went swimming and then had a dinner on Friday night. We watched the fireworks from the local air show and then went up to the room to watch a late night movie. It was a long but very fun day. Then on Saturday we went to the air show. They had tons of stunt planes and jets to watch but the best part of the show was the Blue Angels from their base in Florida came and did a show for over an hour. It was amazing to watch. I got some great footage but there was so many cool things that I didn't catch on film. We loved it. The boys got to see all these planes they had there. You could get into some of them and the boys felt so cool. Zach was so worried everytime I tried to have in get into a plane. He kept saying he didn't want to get in because he was afraid they were going to take off and he didn't want to go up in it. We went through it everytime he started to get into one.


As you can see in the picture of Zach, the show got so loud. We really enjoyed watching the Blue Angels do all their tricks. It was amazing. I put a few clips below so you could see just a few of the crazy things they do.



I know this is alot of video clips but I couldn't decide which ones I liked better so I had to put all of these on. The Blue Angels also were staying at the same hotel as we were so we saw them all weekend. We had some pictures taken with them but I didn't have my camera with me so Stephanie took them with her camera. When she emails it to me I will post it. The kids loved it so much. We then returned on Sunday to unpacking (the absolute worst part of a vacation). The kids are ready for another trip.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

COOL videos!