Thursday, June 26, 2008

Milestones

Well I finally got a picture of Jeff for his blog debut. He ran the Nestle 5K with his sister and cousin for Art City Days. He felt really good and enjoyed himself. They were all a little disappointed when no one won a door prize, this race is well known for great prizes, but they had fun anyway. The second picture is from the Nestle website. They took picture at the raceand Jeff found this one on the site. They are famous. The last picture is of Alex on the fire truck. He fell asleep half way through the parade. I couldn't believe it, with all the noise that he fell asleep so easily. Well he had fun while it lasted.

We also have my brother Hein and his family visiting for a few days. It has been so fun having them. My kids love having instant playmates for the day. Well they have been playing some guitar hero and you wouldn't think that is a full contact sport but I guess I thought wrong. Zach recieved battle wounds when he got caught with the end of the guitar in his eye. Nice Shiner.

Today is also the babies first birthday. We had the party last night and had a blast. We had almost everyone from Jeff's family there, and then my brothers family. It was about 55 people. We had a BBQ and then cake and opened presents. It was tons of fun and we were so happy to have everyone come and be apart of their special day. Here are some special pictures of the day and a few videos. They loved the cake eating by the way.




The present opening was a clostrophobics nightmare. All the kids had to be a part of it which made it interesting. The babies weren't too interested until they got their gerber graduate snacks and the bouncy balls. They seemed to be the biggest hits. Thanks to everyone. It was a great night the babies loved it.

4 comments:

suzy said...

Way to go Jeff! Happy Birthday Boys!

Anonymous said...

First of all, I love your, "I hope they don't throw up tonight," comment. :o)

Second, that's awesome that Jeff is running! Maybe he and I can run together when you guys are here next week. I have what is hopefully my last MRI on Monday, and hopefully the dr. will tell me I can start running again!

♥ Jo

Anonymous said...

PS -- I see your GIANT CALENDAR behind Jeff in his post-5K pic. What would we do without our GIANT CALENDARS? :o)

Amie said...

Hi there--
I followed Sara Harward's blog and found you. Zach had fun looking at your family and seeing what you've been up to--it helps us feel like we don't really live in Japan. What a cute family you have!
Love, The Houser's