Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Art City Days

I am very behind on my blogging. My list of things I need to write about is getting longer so I figured I better get started. We are leaving for Indiana in a few days so I am going to try to post a little bit each day before we leave. I hopefully will get caught up before we go. Of course then I will have more to post but I can't worry about that yet. Too many things to do and not enough time to do it in. On to the updates. We had Art City Days in Springville a few weeks ago. The week is filled with fun activities but the best part of the week is the firemans breakfast and parade on Saturday morning. This year, Jeff's grandparents were the grand marshalls of the parade so instead of riding in a cool convertible, we went big and all the great grandkids rode with them on the fire truck. It was so much fun. All the kids loved it and Ed and Beth did a great job. It was perfect weather. Jeff "worked" at the firemans breakfast. As you can see from the pictures you will understand why I put quote marks around the word worked. Here are some great pictures of the breakfast, ride and then watching the rest of the parade.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Oh the memories...I'm sorry we missed out this year! Your kids are adorable, love the pics. Have a fun trip!

Cassi :) said...

Geez, Marthea! You said there was a parade - you didn't mention what a big part you had to play in it! Thanks for taking the time to come see us all - it means even more now! Yeah, we need to meet up sometime, looks like we both have goofy husbands! :)